Saturday, January 5, 2013

National Bird Day

Did you know that today, January 5th, is National Bird Day? I did not know this until I saw a post from one of my favorite wildlife refuges. However, I absolutely love birds. They are these amazing creatures exuding grace, beauty, and intellect. My fondness of birds combined with my admiration of love stories made the theme of my wedding, "If you're a bird, I'm a bird." (quote from a favorite flick - The Notebook)

In honor of National Bird Day, here are some pictures of birds that I have taken recently.

Bluebird - taken in my backyard in Florida

Baby geese - taken in Nashville

Blue jay - taken in Nashville

Chickadee - taken at my grandparents' in northern PA

Great Blue Heron - taken in Destin, FL

Hope you enjoy the pictures! Do you share my affection for birds or does another animal pull your heart strings?

No comments:

Post a Comment